Measure twice cut once: How much do I need to order?
Determine how many strips you need: Measure the width of the wall to be papered in inches. Divide this number by 27 (27 is the width in inches of a strip of wallpaper), rounding up to the next whole number. This is how many strips of wallpaper needed. Note: When estimating a space for wallpaper, do not include normal sized windows and doors.
Determine the length of your strips: Measure the height of the wall in inches. Add six inches to this number, to allow some overage at the top and bottom of your strip. Divide by 36 (36 is the screen repeat in inches of our wallpapers). Round up to the next whole number, and then multiply by 36. This is the length in inches each strip of wallpaper should be.
Add up your final quantity: Take this final number, and multiply it by the number of strips (step 1) that are needed. This is how many total inches of wallpaper necessary to cover your wall. Divide this number by 12 for the number of linear feet needed, and then by 15 (which is how many feet are in a roll of wallpaper). Round up to the next whole number, and voila! You’re now confident in your wallpaper order and your arithmetic skills.
Math not your thing? Contact us any time with your exact wall measurements, and we’ll whip up an estimate for you.
For further help: Wallpaper Installer
How is Grow House Grow’s wallpaper packaged? Why is there a two roll minimum order?
While we price our wallpaper by the single roll (5 yards), it is packaged and delivered as a mix of double (10 yards) and triple (15 yards) roll bolts. Longer bolts yield more strips, which means less overall waste–and more savings–for you! As an example: for a seven roll order, two double roll bolts and one triple roll bolt would be delivered.
We offer free UPS Ground shipping on all standard wallpaper orders.
How are Grow House Grow's wallpapers made?
Our wallpapers are lovingly hand silk-screened in New York. Each color you see on the pattern surface has its own “stencil,” which is printed in a specific layered order to create the final print. A roll of Grow House Grow wallpaper is the result of creativity, care, and many hands at work. Because our wallpapers are expertly hand-printed (and not machine made), some variation in print and color is to be anticipated and favored.
How do I set up a trade account?
Setting up a trade account is quick and easy: Just register through our Trade Partner portal, and once approved you’ll have access to special discounts we’ve set up for the design professionals we know and love. Welcome!
Where can I find a professional to install my wallpaper?
A great place to start is the Wallcovering Installers Association. They have a directory that is searchable by zip code which can connect you with reputable wallpaper installers in your area. For projects in the NYC region, we have a shortlist of professionals who have worked with our papers in the past that we are happy to share. Contact us for more information.
How is Grow House Grow’s wallpaper installed?
We always recommend hiring a professional paperhanger to install our papers. Here are some helpful pointers:
- Clean, patch, prime and seal / size walls. This protects your wall, and allows for a better hanging surface.
- Clear, strippable paste works best with our papers. Roman Pro-880 is a popular product.
- Hanging blank stock or lining papers under our wallpaper is not necessary, though its benefits include a smoother hanging surface (for older walls) as well as the control of seams and bubbles through moisture reduction.
- For the best side-to-side match, hang our wallpaper at the “JOIN” marks located on each side of the selvedge.
- Papers with dark ink backgrounds are especially delicate, and require a gentle touch when hanging. Using a seam roller and microfiber cloth to smooth the paper during application can help avoid burnishing.
- It’s important to keep the printed surface clean of paste to prevent staining. Gently remove any adhesive on the surface of the paper with a soft, damp, clean, sponge during installation.
- To minimize the appearance of seams when hanging a dark colorway:
- Carefully tint the trimmed paper’s edge with colored pencil, crayon, charcoal, or diluted paint in a similar color.
- Prior to hanging, choose a paint color similar to the main background color of your pattern. Measure where each section of wallpaper will meet, and paint the vertical area of wall where the seams will align.
Please note: Grow House Grow’s wallpapers are not only hand printed, but our inks are also hand mixed. Slight variation may occur, and is a natural element of the handmade. Should goods arrive damaged, we are happy to exchange or refund the order within 14 days of delivery. Please inspect your wallpaper prior to hanging; Grow House Grow is not responsible for wallpaper that has been hung on the wall, or damaged during installation. Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of placing your order.
Can I hang my wallpaper in the bathroom?
Yes, though we recommend keeping the room well ventilated. Be sure not to hang the wallpaper where it will be in direct contact with water (such as in the shower area). If you’d like extra protection:
- Our wallpaper can also be coated with a clear, water-based varnish, such as Polyvine Decorator’s Varnish (we like the “Satin” finish). Keep in mind that this will alter the color and sheen of your wallpaper, so be sure to test it out on a small scrap before applying it to your wall.
- For heavy use areas, installing a clear glass backsplash behind the sink can show off your wallpaper while offering a durable, wipeable surface.
I want something special. Can I customize the color?
Of course! Send us your vision, and we’ll create a digital mockup for you (if you have preferred Banjamin Moore colors, that’s best). Keep in mind our inks are hand mixed, so while we can get very close to your preferred paint swatches, some color variation is to be expected.
Once your pigments are matched, you can either order a small swatch of the new color for your approval ($40 per color), or a full 27 x 36 inch strike off of the wallpaper (please contact us for pricing).
Once approved, there is a five roll minimum order + $105 set up fee for custom colorways.
Are grow house grow’s papers commercially rated?
Our wallcoverings are tested in accordance with ASTM E84-16, and are classified as Class A: Flame spread index of 0-25 and smoke-developed 0-450 — the highest standard fire rating. Our papers are appropriate for both residential and light commercial installations, and can be transferred to digital print Type II substrate for heavy commercial applications.
Return Policy + Know Before You Order
Grow House Grow handles wallpaper returns on a case-by-case basis. Please inspect your wallpaper prior to beginning the installation process. Any wallpaper bolts that have been cut/trimmed, pasted, damaged during installation, or applied to the wall are non-refundable. For wallpaper that is eligible for a return, a 30% restocking fee will apply + return shipping.
It’s very important to order enough wallpaper up front, since we can’t ensure additional rolls will match your specific dye lot. If you’re uncertain of how many rolls you need, double check with your installer or contact us with your measurements (wall width and height works best). We’re here to help!